Podcast Time – Bits of Berlin

We were guests of a podcast again: Bodo and Tam from Bits of Berlin invited the ladies from the RapdiFTR Team and us to speak about our Rails Girls Summer of Code journey.
You can listen to this episode here:

We absolutely recommend to follow Bits of Berlin. They have interesting guests and listening to their podcast simply makes a lot of fun :)

Code_Padawans go Camp Compressor – Podcast Time

We spend the last weekend in Potsdam, at the most awesome conference ever: eurucamp.

This year Lucas (Nerdkunde), Dirk (Geekstammtisch) and Bodo (bitsofberlin) created a podcast especially for the conference, to collect impressions and speak with people there.

We were guests on the first day and we are allowed to upload our part of the interview here, on our blog. Thank you, Camp Compressor team!

We encourage you to listen to all three episodes of the Camp Compressor podcast. They’re really cool. http://2014.eurucamp.org/podcast/#TCC003

Week 2 Day 2 – So this is a real world project

How our website looks like at the moment

How our website looks like at the moment

It’s the time to get used to working with github, github issues, branches and pull requests. We create now issues for features we want to implement, create a branch for each implementation and make a pull request once we are ready with it.
At first this workflow needs some exercise, but after making a few pull requests one gets used to it and, what’s most important, it makes work more transparent and organized.

Today we closed two issues:

  • Remove the .html file extension from the links in the sidebar menue.
  • Make some adjustments with text aligment and floating

As you can see, our simple website looks different now.

For the first issue, it was neccesary to understand how the class pathname works. you can remove the file extension by giving „.*“ to the method „basename“ as a parameter.

The second issue was fixed with the help of some CSS research (google).

In the afternoon we talked to Dario from the Padrino Core-Team about some technical details of the website and – as it happens to the real world projects all the time – we decided, for the time being, to postpone the project 1. (bulding a documentation website) and move to our second and bigger project – creating a documentation testing tool.

We also recorded our first podcast episode.

You can find us on SoundCloud.
Since this is our first podcast we’ve ever done, there are some things that could have went better. We will improve it next time around. As for now, we hope you still enjoy listening.