It’s the time to get used to working with github, github issues, branches and pull requests. We create now issues for features we want to implement, create a branch for each implementation and make a pull request once we are ready with it.
At first this workflow needs some exercise, but after making a few pull requests one gets used to it and, what’s most important, it makes work more transparent and organized.
Today we closed two issues:
- Remove the .html file extension from the links in the sidebar menue.
- Make some adjustments with text aligment and floating
As you can see, our simple website looks different now.
For the first issue, it was neccesary to understand how the class pathname works. you can remove the file extension by giving „.*“ to the method „basename“ as a parameter.
The second issue was fixed with the help of some CSS research (google).
In the afternoon we talked to Dario from the Padrino Core-Team about some technical details of the website and – as it happens to the real world projects all the time – we decided, for the time being, to postpone the project 1. (bulding a documentation website) and move to our second and bigger project – creating a documentation testing tool.
We also recorded our first podcast episode.
You can find us on SoundCloud.
Since this is our first podcast we’ve ever done, there are some things that could have went better. We will improve it next time around. As for now, we hope you still enjoy listening.